Friday 30 October 2015

Day 5 - 29 October 2015



This morning, we visited Jimei Primary School and I am surprised that most of the students were able to use English to communicate with us. The talented students also put up a show for us comprising dances and poetry recital. We also shared our Singpapore culture and food with them, and taught them how to dance to the Singapore neighbourhood workout. In the afternoon, we visited the Overseas Chinese museum. I learnt about the terrible condition my forefather had to go through in order to have a better future. The lecture by Professor Chen helped me understand how my Chinese surname came about and more fun facts about Chinese wedding custom. I am very honoured to meet such an interesting 80-year old lady.
-Raynar Teo


Today, it was a really heartwarming day. I was not expecting that at all. This was what happened. We were at Jimei Primary School and we were just joining them for their PE lesson.  After the PE lesson, we joined a class, year 6. Then we just taught them how to dance “Great Singapore Workout”. It was so fun teaching them. After a few performance and presentation from them and us, we had an interaction session. Right after the teacher said that it was interaction time, a whole group of students ran towards me. I was so shocked. I felt so welcomed. The way the children looked at me was so pure and innocent. Then, there was this boy Harry that gave me a greeting card that me made by himself.

-Queena Ong






No comments:

Post a Comment